the Lord! Praise God in his sancturary; praise him in his mighty firmament!
Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his surpassing
greatness! - Psalm 150:1,2
O sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous
His right hand and his holy arm have gotten him victory
Worship the Lord in holy splendor; tremble before him, all the earth.
- Psalm 98:1, 96:9
As a household, have you ever planned a wedding?
In a way, a large church community's worship is like planning at least
one every week!
The efforts of dozens of members come together at liturgy, which preparation
takes the coordination and ministry of many groups to make possible, such
the worship space, setting the altar, caring for holy adornments,
- readying the scripture readings and scheduling readers,
- greeting and welcoming people to worship,
- preparing hospitality regularly on Sunday and for special feasts,
- readying the nursery, keeping things safe and clean
- preparing activities, lessons and teachers for children's program,
- choosing and rehearsing the hymns, psalms, anthems and organ voluntaries,
- having print material ready and in place to encourage full participation,
- gowning and training the servers, both adults and youth,
- writing and leading the prayers of the people,
- writing sermons, assembling liturgies and preparing print material to
- cutting lawns, clearing walks of snow and ice, keeping parking areas
clean and safe,
- caring for light, sound, cooling/heating systems and keeping the home
matter if it's
writing a sermon or sweeping a floor, everything done to make ready the
house and worship of God is great spritual value in building community.
The Worship Advisory ministry works to help all these be in harmony for
that good and prayerful purpose.
272 Wilson Street East (at Halson)
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada. L9G 2B9