St. John's Groups & Ministries
GROUPS index | Hospitality | Outreach & Justice | Fellowship | Children and Youth | Adult Faith Nurture | Stewardship | Property | Churchyard | Archives | Worship Advisory

Churchyard
The Churchyard (cemetery) is a beautiful place to come and remember loved ones, and that is the spirit of care in which it is cared for. Over 1700 people have been laid to rest in our quiet, beautiful grounds. Burials still take place at St. John's, and we pray daily for those who mourn and grieve.

More than this, it is not only a crucial part of St. John's history, but a place where the history of Ontario is known and preserved. Those visiting St. John's can see the extent of our parish life in the churchyard from the 1820's. In fact, Ancaster history is captured through the many lives past - from the lady who was responsible for the Queen Victoria holiday to the First Nations princess who inspired Longfellow's famous poem Hiawatha.

If you are searching for a particular grave, click here to check historic burial records.

Please Note:

- To inquire about aquiring burial rights in a plot, please contact the church office.

- All burials take place under the authority of St. John's Churchyard bylaws, by permission of the Rector of St. John's.

- St. John's Churchyard is private property: tours or photography of the churchyard or graves is prohibited without the express permission of the appropriate representatives of The Anglican Diocese of Niagara.



St. John's Anglican Church
272 Wilson Street East (at Halson)
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada. L9G 2B9
905-648-2353