List for 200th Anniversary
You are welcome in the worship, work, fellowship and mission
of St. John's.
Hasty notes with sketches of St. John's available for sale at Ancaster
Farmer's Market and after worship.
2016 Canadian Church Calendar available, featuring St. John's, Ancaster
in the month of May!
- St. John's Custom Christmas will be available for sale.
- St. John's new Photo Directory scheduled to be available.
- Anniversary Banner to be installed at the corner of Wilson and Halson
1, Sunday, November 29th, 2015 -
Official Grant of Arms at 10am Worship.
- Launch of Anniversary Celebrations!
- Presentation and unveiling of the coat of arms by Bishop Ralph Spence.
6th, 2015, Advent II - Glass, Light and Iconography
The first of a monthly series at the 10am service, a short presentation
on the history and meaning of each of the beautiful stained glass windows
in the parish. Thereafter, a new window will be presented the 1st Sunday
of each month through 2016 - see the schedule ->
December 9th, 2015, 7:30pm - The Three Cantors In
- Performance at 7:30pm at St. John's Church
- some tickets still available - please contact the church office.
- Includes a cake, tea and coffee reception after the show!
12, 2016 until October 22, 2016 - St. John's at
"Memories of St. John's - The First 200 Years" - Launch
Party March 30th, 6 - 8:00pm
March 12th, 2016 to October 21st)
A pictorial exhibit will take us from the origins of the Parish up to
present time, including today's mission and ministries. Highlights will
include the relationship between the church, the Town of Ancaster, some
of its past notable residents, and the history of Ontario.
2016 - Official Flower - "The Joy of St. John's,
- Custom hybridized for St. John's, this beautiful red lily with a yellow
throat will be planted in the church gardens, Fieldcote's gardens, and
will also be for sale to enjoy at home!
May 15th, 2016 - Pentecost Sunday - Official Visit
of the Primate of Canada
- Diocesan Bishop Michael Bird will be with us to welcome Archbishop Fred
Hiltz, Primate of All Canada, to our morning worship at 10am.
- The church will be beautified by flowers designed by the Garden Club
June 1st, 2016 - "A Bevy of Biblical Beauties"
- Celebrating women of the Bible, a "fashion show" will take
place, telling their stories and celebrating their faith.
- 7:30 in the Parish Hall on Halson Street
June 12th, 2016 - Heritage Day Sunday Events
1:00-3:00pm - Open House
- the public is welcomed for self-guided tours of the church and churchyard.
- "High Tea"
- High Tea will be served, including a beautiful selection of sandwiches
and hand-baked goodies.
- Only advance tickets ($25) (none at the door!) so please call the office
to reserve your spot!
3:00pm - Vestments and Fair Linens
- a beautiful display of liturgical vestments, fair linens, and prayer
shawls will be on display for the public to enjoy.
September 18th, 2016 - Homecoming Sunday and BBQ
- An event welcoming past members and guests, neighbours and former clergy
- You are welcome at the 10am worship - BBQ lunch to follow.
- No tickets - donations welcome - just come!
November 5th, 2016 - 2016 Gala Dinner at Hamilton
Golf and Country Club
- featuring music by Maestro Angus Sinclair
- Save the date! Ticket information will be available in 2016.
Light and Iconography:
Window Presentations -
December 6th, 2015
St. John's Window
January 3rd, 2016
The Rev. Ralph Leeming, First Rector
February 7th, 2016
William & Eleanor Shelton Farmer
March 6th, 2016
Ressurction of Jesus Christ
April 3rd, 2016
The Empty Tomb
May 1st, 2016
Shall Be His God
Thomas McMurray and Nora
June 5th, 2016
July 3rd, 2016
Dr. Henry Orton
August 7th, 2016
The Children Come To Me
September 4th, 2016
October 2nd, 2016
I Was Hungry
Robert & Mary Anne Halson
October 30th, 2016
Mary Eleanor Speiden
John's Anglican Church
272 Wilson Street East (at Halson)
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada. L9G 2B9